Saturday, March 9, 2013

Three days in Miami Beach...

Before I went digital a few years ago, after swearing I never would, I heard Martha Stewart talking about having over 300,000 digital images from her trips and various activities and that she was going to need to hire someone to sort it all out.   Incomprehendable at the time, but now Me, the guy who could spend a month traveling the southwest and come home it only 75 or 80 negatives, I have a backlog of a few thousand digital images.  Digital just seems to change the psychology of the thing.  Its not all good.  Lots of it is just snapshots of the here and now in the moment, but what it does provide is a running visual log of where I've been and what I've done, eaten, worn, overheard, etc etc.

So while it is not truly sequential, since we are traveling through Florida, my 2010 walk on the beach in Miami seems a logical fit here.  I was wondering where and when I would be able to fit it in, so if not now, when.

February 16, 2010 to be exact.  It was 83 degrees and a perfect day for a walk on the beach.




Miami has changed a lot since my first visit in the late 60's, but the beach is still a great place to find things to see, although my interests have changes.








In Miami, they seem to have elevated the lifeguard station to an artform.  While timing, planning, and weather conditions, precluded an exhaustive survey of all of the stations, of which there were many, this will give you an idea. 


















We stayed at the Hotel Victor.  Very upscale, great food specials at the happy hour.  Beautiful and exotic inside as well.






Part of the lobby at the Victor.



Every hotel along Ocean Drive, and there are many, has a sidewalk cafe and the competition for customers is cut throat.  The half price specials were everywhere so after running the gauntlet of great looking 20 somethings hawking their wares (culinary) we settled on the Victor, since it was so close to home.  I had the most amazing ravioli in a cream sauce that left me happy and craving another portion, which is how a good meal should be.  Didn't have more, but Jackie and I split a Key lime pie for dessert which was also really good.  Too bad I wasn't taking pictures of food back at the time.

                                                                     Pablo














No comments:

Post a Comment