Saturday, January 19, 2013

Into the Mojave...

As you probably know if you have been following this blog, I'm not much of a flora or fauna guy, but traveling through the Mojave, its all flora, a few angry horse flies, 4 or 5 jack rabbits, and the long empty road.  Artie is a fauna and flora guy, so I guess this entry is for him too.  At this point I have decided that maintaining an accurate chronology of entries has recently been working against me, productivity wise, so while things may not follow, one day, I will put it all together in the right order, but for now I just need to put it down as the spirit moves me, so here we are in the Mojave Desert.














That's me in the corner, that's me in the backlight of a late afternoon as the sun is starting to set and we have a long way to go to get to where ever it is we are spending the night.  The name is evocative, and I always pictured Edward Weston and Charis Wilson traveling through it, but I'm just not much of a nature lover, so the magic was not there for me in the Mojave, alas.  After a while, it all started looking the same, but I did a fairly good job of cataloguing the major specimens of desert plant life that inhabits the landscape.  The only plant I can identify for sure are the Joshua Trees in the second and fifth photos.

                                                                    Pablo  







No comments:

Post a Comment